Wednesday, May 18, 2005

More on my track 13 mix

Just thinking about that mix and how it took three goes to "get it out".

The first was when I included it on several floppy disks with other songs I did at the time to a PD house in exchange for other disks. For those who don't know, in the days before the internet was cheap and widely available, and faster than a 9600bps connection, it made sense to get freeware and shareware and other large downloadables on a disk from PD houses or Public Domain libraries.
The deal with this was you could either buy the programs you wanted, usually at something like 20p each or say £5 for one of those newfangled CD-ROMS full of stuff. Or if you contributed several items of software, you got several 'credits' you could use in exchange for stuff on a disk.
For some reason I never got my 'credits' for the disks I sent in so I can only assume the guy running the PD house thought they weren't worthy enough!
Needless to say, I didn't use that particular PD place again!


The second go was when I put it and a few other things that I had done onto a limited run CD which I gave away to friends on my college course. Being the big-headed so and so that I was back then and mostly for a laugh, I signed them so that when I became famous eventually, my friends could flog the CDs for lots of money.
Hmmm... I might go and check on eBay.... lol!!

And now, third time lucky, thanks to the wonders of the internet, its out there being listened to and hopefully enjoyed by probably hundreds of thousands of people!

:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home